Carbine Media collects personal information you tell us about yourself and information about your use of our Website (including via cookies). We may also collect personal information about you from another Carbine Media group entity, from publicly available sources, or in some cases, from third parties. The information may include (but may not be limited to) your name, contact details, Internet Protocol (IP) address, occupation, employer, legal and industry areas of interest, and information relating to your dealings with Carbine Media and our clients. The purposes for which we collect your information may include providing you with legal services or legal information, or improving our services.
Use and disclosure
Carbine Media may use or disclose your personal information for the purposes:
· for which it was collected;
· to which you have consented; and
· as otherwise authorised or required by law.
We may also:
· share your personal information amongst Carbine Media group entities;
· share your personal information with our advisors and consultants, and with third party service providers we use in conducting our business, subject to confidentiality provisions as we deem appropriate (including, without limitation, external photocopying providers, email filtering, virus scanning and other technology services providers, and archival services providers); and
· transfer your personal information to external national or overseas facilities in the course of conducting information and data processing, back up and scanning or for the purposes of obtaining other services from third parties.
Information about events, the Website and our services
We may contact you via email, SMS or other means in order to provide you with updated information about the Website, in relation to events or to provide you with other information about our services. If you do not wish to receive any such information, please contact us as set out below.
The information we keep about you
If you wish to access, correct or update any personal information we may hold about you, please contact us as set out below. However, we may charge for providing access to this information and we may refuse access where the Act allows us to do so.
Storage and security of your personal information
Carbine Media will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold about you secure. However, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, Carbine Media excludes all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
Please direct any privacy issues or queries to Carbine Media’s Managing Director on (02) 9476 5933 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Carbine Media acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and the traditional custodians of the lands where we live, learn and work.